Fluidra helps to spread a love for music through its collaboration with the Fundació Orfeó Català-Palau de la Música Catalana and Barcelona’s opera house, the Gran Teatre del Liceu.
The Palau de la Música Catalana is one of the world's leading concert halls. Considered to be one of Modernism's chief exponents, it was built by architectLluís Domènech i Montaner between 1905 and 1908. In 1997 it was declared a "World Heritage Site" by UNESCO. As a Supporting Member of the Fundació Orfeó Català-Palau de la Música Catalana, Fluidra helps to spread a love for music.
Fluidra has been patron of The Liceu Opera House, one of the most solemn theatres of the nineteenth century, for several years. Built in 1847, it has survived two fires during its lifetime. Reopened in 1999, today it is one of Barcelona's identifying symbols and an essential part of its cultural heritage, offering a unique setting for cultural, business and/or social events. The Liceu Opera House is a state-owned organisation run by the Generalitat of Catalonia, Barcelona City Council, Barcelona Provincial Council and the Ministry for Culture. These institutions make up the Gran Teatre del Liceu Foundation, which has been joined by the Board of Patrons and the former Gran Teatre del Liceu Company, all of whom jointly manage the Opera House.
Fluidra also takes an interest in the country’s historic and artistic heritage by contributing to the restoration of works of public art such as the Abbey of Montserrat and the church of Sant Vicenç in Estamariu.
In the Abbey of Montserrat, Fluidra is collaborating in the restoration of the façade and the lobby of the Museum of Montserrat. It is also improving the signage and accessibility to the building in readiness for the Abbey’s millennium celebrations in 2025.
The church of Sant Vicenç d’Estamariu is an early 11th-century Romanesque building in which Fluidra is helping to restore some mural paintings that were found under the plasterwork. The murals were discovered in 1992 when the Sant Vicenç de Estamariu Private Foundation began cleaning and restoring the church. These paintings can be considered to be among the best restored pieces of Romanesque art that can be seen on their original site in Catalonia.