Fluidra presents a unique project that combines all recommended anti-COVID-19 measures in one swimming poolJune 16, 2020
• Correct water treatment and following the measures established by the competent authorities in terms of hygiene and distance, guarantee that pools are safe against COVID-19.
• With the “Perfect COVID-FREE Pool”, a pioneer project presented in Spain, these measures are combined with additional ones to maximize user safety.
Fluidra, a global leader in the pool and wellness equipment business, presents the "Perfect COVID-FREE Pool" project at the Club Natació Atlètic-Barceloneta (CNAB) to show various measures which maximize safety.
This project is unique and is implemented for the first time in the CNAB pools in Barcelona, making them the safest "perfect pools" against the coronavirus.
"In addition to the usual measures that make any pool safe, such as correct water treatment, respecting the minimum distance and carrying out proper hygiene, at CNAB we have implemented other additional elements that are applicable to any pool, such as automatic entry control, shower tunnels for “extra” sanitizing, equipment to disinfect the pool environment and UV equipment to disinfect the air in the indoor pool,” says David Tapias, director of R&D EMEA at Fluidra.
The additional measures implemented in the CNAB and adaptable to all pools are divided into the following blocks:
- Water quality: the water conditions must be within the parameters established by Spanish law Royal Decree 742/2013 and ensure that the water is disinfected and has sufficient disinfecting power to eliminate all pathogens that may be introduced into the water. The CNAB's indoor pool has the Freepool system, a chlorine generation disinfection equipment using salt electrolysis, combined with an ultraviolet (UV) light treatment that acts on a broader spectrum of germs for total safety, and control of the pH value by CO2.
- Air quality: in the indoor pool, UV lamps have been installed in the ventilation ducts to disinfect all the air recirculated by the ventilation equipment.
- Transit of people / automatic access control: automatic gauging controls have been installed that allow the number of people in the pool to be known at any time.
- People’s hygiene: installation of timed shower arches to carry out previous sanitation of all bathers before going in the water.
- Internet of Things: Fluidra Connect allows to continuously collect water quality parameters - its temperature, pH value, free chlorine level - and upload them to the Internet, thus allowing maintenance people and ideal management in real-time and at the same time sharing this data live with all users on the screens of the CNAB for their comfort and peace of mind.
- Surface cleaning: the CNAB has been equipped with portable equipment to sanitize all surfaces and accessories using a specialized product “Surfosan”.
For CNAB, “the “Perfect COVID FREE Pool” project represents an opportunity to show that we are at the forefront. All these measures carried out in an organized way will allow our club members to enjoy our facilities to the fullest this summer. We plan to open on June 22. Perhaps our swimming pools serve as an example to many other swimming pools, in Spain or in Europe” states Julián García González, president of the CNAB.